Festival Rules & Guidelines
All submissions must adhere to the BlueCat Short Film Festival Rules & Guidelines.
- All films will be screened in Los Angeles on April 21st-22nd, 2020.
- Awards will be announced at the end of the festival in the following categories:
- Best Short
- Best Director
- Best Script
- Best Performance
- All submissions must be original, and the sole property of the applicant(s).
- All ages are eligible.
- Must be in English or must provide English subtitles.
- Submissions must be between 1-50 minutes.
- There is no limit to the number of films you may submit.
- Earliest completion date: January 1st, 2016.
- Competition judges, readers, and employees of the BlueCat Screenplay Competition, past and present, and their immediate friends and families are not eligible to enter.
- Produced scripts consulted by Gordy Hoffman are not eligible.
- Past and present USC and UCLA students of Gordy Hoffman are not eligible.
Submission Deadlines & Fees
- Early Deadline: September 22nd, 2019. Entry Fee $25.
- Regular Deadline: November 17th, 2019. Entry Fee $30.
- Final Deadline: January 12th, 2020. Entry Fee $35.
- Late Deadline: February 9th, 2020. Entry Fee $40.
- 10-15 films will be chosen for the festival.
- Selections will be announced by March 5th, 2020.